MEDIA and ENTERTAINMENT
The media and entertainment industry is in a period of transformation as the revenue model and avenues for the delivery of content are rapidly evolving. The transformation is being driven by the rapidly growing amount of content available via the Internet and the proliferation of devices such as tablets and smartphones offering high quality viewing experiences. Industry participants are faced both with challenges and opportunities. BVA Group’s professionals have a deep understanding of the issues faced by participants in the media and entertainment industry, enabling us to provide our clients with insightful and efficient consulting regarding valuation, economic damages, and various corporate finance issues.
- BVA was retained by Verizon Communications in connection with a commercial litigation matter related to the leveraged spin-off of its Yellow Pages directories business. This matter involved a detailed study of the advertising industry relevant to the Yellow Pages market and the valuation of the business over an extended time period.
- BVA provided valuations for financial reporting to a strategic media agency providing marketing solutions for clients with a traditional focus in the entertainment industry.
- BVA provided valuations for financial reporting and tax planning to a leading provider of media software and networking solutions to more than 3,000 media, broadcast, service provider, and government and enterprise customers spanning 185 countries.
- BVA provided valuations for financial reporting to an operator of local television stations in various markets throughout the United States.
- BVA President and Chief Executive Officer, Jeff Balcombe, has experience in valuation and litigation engagements involving companies in the outdoor advertising industry. He was also involved in successfully building, operating and selling an outdoor advertising company.