Real estate is often a foundational asset across a wide range of businesses. Appraisers may be called upon to value real property for several purposes such as:
- For financial reporting purposes as part of a purchase price allocation pursuant to ASC 805;
- For gift and estate planning purposes for asset holding companies and partnerships where real estate is a material holding of the entity;
- For property tax purposes when contesting the value assigned by the appraisal district;
- In business valuation disputes in which a key part of the valuation is the underlying real property; and
- A business valuation for any purpose in which real estate comprises a material component of value and an asset-based valuation approach is to be utilized.
BVA works with professionals with more than twenty-five years of experience in the appraisal of complex commercial properties. We possess extensive experience managing large multi-property portfolio assignments across the country. Senior professionals affiliated with BVA specialize in the appraisal of investment grade real estate, including “triple-net” assets such as drugstores, grocery stores, convenience stores, and restaurants. Additional property types have included hospitals, surgery centers, vacant land, regional malls, strip and neighborhood shopping centers, garden-style and major office projects, light and heavy industrial facilities, hotels, apartment projects, subdivisions, mixed-use developments, and research/development projects.