Financial services companies are facing unprecedented changes and demands that will redefine how they manage risk, go to market, acquire talent, and drive profitability going forward. Increasingly, traditional banks, insurance companies, and other financial services firms are facing competition from non-traditional sources, including online companies offering everything from asset management and financial planning to funds transfers and payment systems. BVA professionals are well versed in all lines of financial services, including banking, insurance, hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity, and asset management. In addition, BVA professionals have extensive experience in the technology, software, and IT services industries, which enables us to deliver a full suite of services and comprehensive solutions for our clients.
- BVA has performed numerous valuations on behalf of a multi-branch financial services company with more than $1.2 billion in assets, offering trust, insurance brokerage, consumer credit, mortgage, and technology solutions, in addition to traditional bank lines of service.
- BVA was retained by a private equity firm accused of trademark infringement in connection with capital raising. BVA analyzed sources of capital to isolate the value of the trademark to individual relationships and evaluated damages arising from alleged confusion. The plaintiff subsequently dropped the damages claim after BVA demonstrated the alleged infringement did not result in significant revenues or profits.
- BVA provided valuation services for transfer planning purposes related to a boutique bank specializing in personal service for small-to-medium-sized businesses and professionals. The bank offers traditional banking services, including checking, savings, certificates of deposit, commercial and consumer lending, real estate lending, and other installment and term loans.
- BVA provides ongoing valuation analyses pursuant to Accounting Standards Codification Topic 820, Fair Value Measurement, of certain portfolio companies held by a private equity investment firm with approximately $1 billion of committed capital under management. The services include estimating the fair value of certain portfolio companies and allocation of the fair value to underlying debt and equity securities for financial reporting purposes.
- BVA has provided valuation analyses pursuant to ASC Topic 805, Business Combinations, to an independent investment firm making investments in middle-market companies in the U.S. and Europe. The investment firm manages approximately $7 billion on behalf of itself and a worldwide network of investors. BVA’s services included performing purchase price allocations for the firm and its portfolio companies.
BVA has valued many types of businesses in the insurance industry including agencies, brokers, personal lines, and excess and surplus lines and other specialty market providers including nonstandard auto, health care, and administrators.