Valuation - Senior Financial Analyst
BVA Group seeks exceptional candidates for the position of Senior Financial Analyst in its valuation practice in its Dallas and Houston offices. Senior Financial Analysts are a critical part of our client service delivery teams.
BVA is a nationally recognized litigation, valuation, and financial advisory firm with offices in Dallas, Houston, and New York. Since its founding in 1974, BVA has built a reputation for providing valuable insight and responsive service to clients seeking guidance regarding complex financial issues in diverse industries and circumstances, both nationally and globally. Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, private equity firms and other privately funded enterprises, family-owned business, accounting firms and law firms. Over the past several decades, our clients have come to rely on our leadership, expertise, integrity, and determination in solving complex financial problems and providing value solutions.
BVA provides transaction advisory services such as fairness opinions, solvency opinions, M&A consulting, and tangible asset valuation, as well as valuation analyses for financial reporting, tax, estate planning, bankruptcy/restructuring, and a variety of other purposes. BVA has performed valuations of business interests ranging from small family-owned businesses to multinational corporations valued in the billions.
BVA has also garnered a strong reputation nationwide for its expertise in advising companies and their legal counsel in a variety of complex, high-stakes legal disputes, including transactional disputes, securities litigation, and intellectual property infringement matters, among others. BVA has evaluated damages in litigation matters ranging from small commercial disputes to conflicts with over $25 billion at stake. BVA professionals have testifying experience in a wide variety of jurisdictions including federal district courts, bankruptcy courts, state courts, and domestic and international arbitration.
We offer a very competitive compensation package and opportunity for professional growth. At BVA, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career.
- Proactively manage all aspects of the execution of various valuation engagements, in coordination with senior team members, to ensure timely and excellent client service delivery.
- Perform valuations for management planning; mergers and acquisitions; financial reporting; tax and regulatory compliance; restructuring and reorganization; and corporate strategy.
- Oversee due diligence efforts, including identifying and addressing client needs, preparing requests for relevant information, ensuring proper intake and organization of data and documents, guiding the document review process, and synthesizing relevant information into executive-level findings for team members and clients.
- Prepare and/or review analyses (reports, models, and presentations) that communicate findings and recommendations to our clients concisely and effectively.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Serve as a development coach/resource for junior professionals.
- Assist with various business development, firm marketing, and recruiting efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, accounting, and/or economics.
- 2-5 years of technical financial advisory-related experience, preferably in the valuation services industry.
- Ability to manage responsibilities on multiple client engagements simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Excellent multi-tasking, planning, and organization skills, along with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative work environment that is deadline-oriented.
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Looking for opportunities to grow within a dynamic culture, including coaching/developing junior professionals.
- Flexibility with potential travel requirements and time commitments of client service engagements.
- Excellent financial and accounting acumen with ability to develop fully customized, complex financial models with little or no oversight.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Achievement of, or progress towards, CFA, CPA, and/or ASA designations.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and Capital IQ.
- Strong derivative and financial modeling skills with the ability to create valuation and financial models based on a description of a financial asset, an agreement, or an operational and financial business plan.
- Knowledge of numerical techniques such as Monte Carlo simulation and lattice techniques.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.