Dispute Consulting – Senior Vice President
BVA Group seeks exceptional candidates for the position of Senior Vice President in its dispute consulting practice in its Dallas and Houston offices. Senior Vice Presidents play a critical role in managing projects and client relationships and are integral to client service delivery.
BVA is a nationally recognized litigation, valuation, and financial advisory firm with offices in Dallas, Houston, and New York. Since its founding in 1974, BVA has built a reputation for providing valuable insight and responsive service to clients seeking guidance regarding complex financial issues in diverse industries and circumstances, both nationally and globally. Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, private equity firms and other privately funded enterprises, family-owned business, accounting firms, and law firms. Over the past several decades, our clients have come to rely on our leadership, expertise, integrity, and determination in solving complex financial problems and providing value solutions.
BVA has garnered a strong reputation nationwide for its expertise in advising companies and their legal counsel in a variety of complex, high-stakes legal disputes, including transactional disputes, securities litigation, and intellectual property infringement matters, among others. BVA has evaluated damages in litigation matters ranging from small commercial disputes to conflicts with over $25 billion at stake. BVA professionals have testifying experience in a wide variety of jurisdictions including federal district courts, bankruptcy courts, state courts, and domestic and international arbitration.
BVA also provides transaction advisory services such as fairness opinions, solvency opinions, M&A consulting, and tangible asset valuation, as well as valuation analyses for financial reporting, tax, estate planning, bankruptcy/restructuring, and a variety of other purposes. BVA has performed valuations of business interests ranging from small family-owned businesses to multinational corporations valued in the billions.
We offer a very competitive compensation package and opportunity for professional growth. At BVA, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career.
- Develop and execute strategic plan for all aspects of various dispute consulting engagements to ensure timely and excellent client service delivery.
- Oversee the development of financial models and other relevant analyses, such as economic damages calculations and business valuations; synthesize relevant information into executive-level findings and present to senior team members and clients in a concise and effective manner.
- Prepare expert reports and other written analyses and communications.
- Develop and manage relationship with clients/counsel.
- Manage, develop, and mentor junior professionals.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Participate in various business development, firm marketing, and recruiting efforts.
- Contribute to firm initiatives and team development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, accounting, and/or economics.
- 8+ years of experience in the dispute consulting industry.
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements, define analysis and oversee execution, draft expert reports, etc.
- Excellent multi-tasking, planning, and organization skills, along with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative work environment that is deadline-oriented.
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Looking for opportunities to grow within a dynamic culture, including leadership/mentoring of junior professionals.
- Flexibility with potential travel requirements of client service engagements.
- Excellent financial and accounting acumen with ability to develop fully customized, complex financial models.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Achievement of, or progress towards, CFA, CPA, CFE, CIRA, and/or ASA, or similar designations.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.