Dispute Consulting – Financial Analyst
BVA Group seeks outstanding candidates for the position of Financial Analyst in its dispute consulting practice in its Dallas and Houston offices. Financial Analysts are key members of our dispute consulting teams and play an important part in our client service delivery.
BVA is a nationally recognized litigation, valuation, and financial advisory firm with offices in Dallas, Houston, and New York. Since its founding in 1974, BVA has built a reputation for providing valuable insight and responsive service to clients seeking guidance regarding complex financial issues in diverse industries and circumstances, both nationally and globally. Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, private equity firms and other privately funded enterprises, family-owned business, accounting firms, and law firms. Over the past several decades, our clients have come to rely on our leadership, expertise, integrity, and determination in solving complex financial problems and providing value solutions.
BVA has garnered a strong reputation nationwide for its expertise in advising companies and their legal counsel in a variety of complex, high-stakes legal disputes, including transactional disputes, securities litigation, and intellectual property infringement matters, among others. BVA has evaluated damages in litigation matters ranging from small commercial disputes to conflicts with over $25 billion at stake. BVA professionals have testifying experience in a wide variety of jurisdictions including federal district courts, bankruptcy courts, state courts, and domestic and international arbitration.
BVA also provides transaction advisory services such as fairness opinions, solvency opinions, M&A consulting, and tangible asset valuation, as well as valuation analyses for financial reporting, tax, estate planning, bankruptcy/restructuring, and a variety of other purposes. BVA has performed valuations of business interests ranging from small family-owned businesses to multinational corporations valued in the billions.
We offer a very competitive compensation package and opportunity for professional growth. At BVA, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career.
- Conduct assigned aspects of the execution of various dispute consulting engagements in coordination with senior analysts and other team members to ensure timely and excellent client service delivery.
- Create detailed financial models and other relevant analyses, including economic damages calculations and business valuations, and communicate findings to team members concisely and effectively.
- Assist with the preparation of expert reports including related exhibits and other written analyses, PowerPoint presentations, and communications.
- Engage in due diligence efforts, including preparing requests for relevant information, ensuring proper intake and organization of data and documents, engaging in the document review process, and identifying and synthesizing relevant information into executive-level findings for team members and clients.
- Work with clients/counsel as requested by senior professionals.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Assist with various business development, firm marketing, and recruiting efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, accounting, and/or economics.
- Experience in audit or other technical financial advisory services a plus but not required.
- Excellent multi-tasking, planning, and organization skills, along with strong attention to detail.
- Strong financial and accounting acumen with ability to create fully customized financial models with little or no oversight.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative work environment that is deadline-oriented.
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- A desire for opportunity to grow within a dynamic culture.
- Flexibility with potential travel requirements and time commitments of client service engagements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Database skills are a plus.
- Achievement of, or progress towards, CFA, CPA, and/or ASA designations.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.